The Professional Development and Training Committee is planning on a number of timely workshops as needed by the entire MASFAA Community. With budgets tightening across the board, one overall goal of our committee is to be responsive to the training needs of our colleagues. PD&T will work closely with other committees to maximize training opportunities and minimize expenses for the upcoming year. PD&T in cooperation with Emerging Leaders and Just the Facts will provide comprehensive training for all professional development levels and be the foundations for training events in Massachusetts.
Please be aware that you must be a MASFAA member in order to participate in these events (except the Support Staff Workshop). We encourage you to establish/renew your membership by clicking Establish/Renew Membership
Non-MASFAA members who register for an event will be expected to pay the $50 membership fee on the day of the event.
The Committee is composed of an appointed Chairperson and Co-Chairperson as well as volunteer committee members.
1. Create a diverse and nurturing learning environment for the MASFAA membership
2. Effectively merge Emerging Leaders & Just the Facts under the PD & T umbrella
3. Effectively manage PD & T budget
4. Maintain our commitment to excellence through consistent & relevant training and educational outreach efforts
5. Continually seek out feedback from the MASFAA membership (Executive Council, other committee"s and the membership at large).
6. Take greater advantage of regional and national training resources