FREE Help Applying for Financial Aid for College!
FAFSA Day Massachusetts is a non-profit, volunteer driven program providing free assistance to students and families seeking to complete the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 877-424-7627.
Commonly Asked Questions
I need help with completing my FAFSA. How do I register for FAFSA Day?
- You may click on either the Register or Locations pages on the left-hand side to register to attend a FAFSA Day event at a location and date most convenient for you.
I just registered to attend FAFSA Day! Is there anything I should bring with me during the event?
A list of documents to bring will be available in the confirmation email that you will receive less than 10 minutes after you register – please save this for your records. Students and parents should EACH bring the following. Students born before January 1, 1995 do not need to bring parental information.
- FSA ID (please sign up and bring both your Student FSA ID and Parent FSA ID, available at fsaid.ed.gov)
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number (if any)
- 2016 Federal Tax Return
- 2016 W-2 or Year-End Pay Stub
- 2016 Untaxed Income Records
- Current Bank Statement(s)
- Current Business and Investment Records
- Alien Registration Card (if not a U.S. Citizen)
I am not able to attend any of the available FAFSA Day events. Do you know of any other available resources to get help with completing my FAFSA or the college process?
- Worry not! If you are not able to attend a FAFSA Day event but need assistance with completing your FAFSA, we encourage you to visit an EOC (Educational Opportunity Center) location in Massachusetts, listed on our Information page. They can provide you with free help on on the college Financial Aid and Admissions processes.
I am am interested in helping with a FAFSA Day event. How do I volunteer for FAFSA Day?
- We appreciate your interest in assisting with FAFSA Day! You may visit the Volunteer link on the left-hand side to register as a volunteer for a location and date most convenient for you.
Do you have any college Admissions and Financial Aid resources available for current college students or high school seniors?
- Of course! Be sure to visit the Information page for additional tips and guides including a breakdown on how aid is calculated, myths about financial aid, learning the Admissions and Financial Aid lingo, searching for Outside Scholarship opportunities, and much more!
What other tips do you have for students and families on the college Admissions or Financial Aid process?
We would like to thank our sponsors/partners for making FAFSA Day possible!