FREE Help Applying for Financial Aid for College!
FAFSA Day Massachusetts, a College Goal Sunday Program, is a non-profit, volunteer driven program providing free assistance to students and families seeking to complete the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or call us at 877-424-7627.
While we have concluded our 2016-17 FAFSA Day events for the season, here are some additional resources below that we encourage you to utilize!
I already completed my FAFSA – is there anything else I need to do?
- Congratulations! Be sure to download our Next Steps guide on what else you may need to submit or keep in mind after submitting the FAFSA.
Help! I still need assistance with completing my FAFSA.
- Worry not! If you still need assistance with completing your FAFSA, we encourage you to visit an EOC (Educational Opportunity Center) location in Massachusetts, listed on our Information page. They can provide you with free help on on the college Financial Aid and Admissions processes.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for additional tips and tricks on the college Financial Aid and Admissions processes, as well as postings on outside scholarships.
Do you have any further advice for current or incoming college students?
- Of course! Be sure to visit the Information page for additional tips and guides including a breakdown on how aid is calculated, myths about financial aid, learning the Admissions and Financial Aid lingo, searching for Outside Scholarship opportunities, and much more!
What is going on with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the FAFSA?
- In March 2017, the Federal Department of Education and the Internal Revenue Service announced that the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) was unavailable. At the time of the announcement, there was little information on the reason for the change, other than it was related to an effort to protect users’ data. Despite the unavailability of the DRT, families are still encouraged and able to complete the FAFSA, at www.fafsa.gov.