The Committee is charged with developing and successfully implementing statewide events that assist Massachusetts families with the first step in applying for financial aid for college – completing the FAFSA. The target demographic for these free services include low-income, first-generation and underserved prospective college students and their families.
The FAFSA Day operational plan includes the coordination of a network of host sites at key locations around the state. Each site is sufficiently staffed with experienced volunteers from MASFAA and partner organizations. Families are able to obtain comprehensive instruction on FAFSA completion at each site and are able to discuss all aspects of the financial aid application process as it pertains to their unique needs. Most sites offer services to help families complete the actual FAFSA.
A comprehensive grassroots promotional campaign, often including direct mail, presentations, social media, and email, precedes the FAFSA Day events. The events serve to increase college access by assisting families in successfully completing the FAFSA and equipping them with a thorough understanding of the financial aid application process.
The FAFSA Day Massachusetts Steering Committee is co-chaired by individuals appointed by the President of MASFAA. The Committee may be comprised of a statewide volunteer coordinator, TRIO and GEAR UP ambassador, team leader for site coordinators, MASFAA members, and several members of community organizations that provide college access services. The co-chairs select these individuals with input from the MASFAA Executive Council and other members of the Committee. Members of this Committee should reflect the diversity of the targeted community.
Hundreds volunteer to help during FAFSA Day. Volunteers can present, answer one-on-one FAFSA questions, help with day-of-logistics, and much more. Please register as a volunteer at one of our over 30 locations.
- Follow FAFSA Day MA on Twitter
- Like FAFSA Day MA on Facebook
- Follow FAFASADay on Instagram
- Benefits of following FAFSA Day through our social media pages:
- Updates on financial aid and higher education news
- Updates on FAFSA Day locations, times, and dates
- Reminders and tips about applying for college admission and financial aid and
- Much more!
2019-2020 Goals and Objectives
- Work closely with existing high school guidance and college access counselor partners to ensure a smooth transition of assisting families with FAFSA completion amidst the federal shifts of prior-prior year updates and earlier FAFSA availability.
- Continue the shift from printed literature to more web-based and grassroots outreach.
- Continue work in developing external partnerships with FAFSA Day.
Need materials to promote FAFSA Day MA to your students and families? Visit the Resources for Educational Professionals page.
Annual Committee Reports
Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority
FAFSA Day Chair
|Jan Marie Combs
Bright Horizons College Coach
FAFSA Day Chair
FAFSA Day Chair