To provide expertise and tools that enable Association members to advocate at the federal and state level. To review, analyze, and/or evaluate and respond to regulatory, legislative, and programmatic issues, and to assist in the dissemination of information when appropriate. To identify, consider and develop Association positions on long-range policy issues and serves as a resource for legislators and their aides.
The Committee is chaired by individuals appointed by the President. The Committee is composed of volunteer members.
- Establish, foster and grow a new generation of aid professionals who value and engage in advocacy at the federal and state level.
- Develop and promote innovative engagement opportunities that resonate with members across the age and experience spectrum.
- Provide training on how to interpret and advocate for change in regulation and policy at the federal and state level.
- Engage with members and institutional leaders across the Association to gather information on talent and interest in advocacy.
- Promote communication between the membership and State legislators, Massachusetts Congressional delegation and related administrative staff members
- Foster relationships with key State legislators, legislative staff and administrators, and educate them on behalf of MASFAA members on key issues and concerns in the financial aid community.
- Reimagine State House Day event and work in coordination with AICUM to increase participation of students and institutions, with particular emphasis on participation from public colleges and universities.
- Provide information on the MASFAA list-serve and website to alert the membership to important changes in federal and state regulation and legislation as needed.
- Provide training sessions on advocacy, federal and state regulations and programs, and/or changes in existing programs.
- Maintain federal compliance resources for MASFAA members regarding requirements such as private loan RFIs, loan counseling, consumer disclosures, and Constitution Day.
Loan RFI Templates:
Annual Committee Reports
|Betsy Mayotte, chair
The Institute of Student Loan Advisors