The following is a partial listing of financial literacy links of interest to Graduate/Professional School Financial Aid Officers. As this is a partial list, we welcome any corrections or additions to this list that others may find helpful.
In addition to the resources below, many of MASFAA’s exhibitors offer financial literacy materials.
- www.annualcreditreport.com – Free annual credit report from each of the three national consumer reporting agencies.
- www.bankrate.com – Information on mortgages, credit cards, automobile loans, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, and banking fees, as well as personal finance articles.
- www.consumerfinance.gov/ – Mission is to make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans — whether applying for a mortgage, choosing among credit cards, or using any number of other consumer financial products (from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau).
- www.financialeducatorscouncil.org/ – Provides financial education solutions to individuals, schools, businesses, families, government and nonprofit organizations (from National Financial Educators Council)
- www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf – Tax Benefits for Education, IRS Publication 970.
- www.kiplinger.com/tools – Finance tools, budgeting, etc.
- www.moneymanagement.org; www.financialliteracymonth.com – Financial education, budgeting, and counseling resources (from Money Management International).
- www.mint.com – Mint pulls all your financial accounts into one place. Set a budget, track your goals and do more with your money, for free.
- www.mymoney.gov – U.S. government website dedicated to financial education.
- www.nefe.org – Financial education resources and training tools (National Endowment for Financial Education).
- www.smartaboutmoney.org – Practical articles, worksheets, tips and valuable resources to help understand and manage money (from National Endowment for Financial Education®).
- www.wisebread.com – Living large on a small budget.
- www.moneygeek.com/education/graduate-school/financial-aid/law-school-scholarships/ – This law school financial aid guide provides students with a comprehensive list of law school scholarships and other resources specifically for law school students.