2018 GPCC Symposium
Friday, February 2nd, 2018
9:00AM to 4:30pm
Harvard Gutman Conference Center
To register for this event, click here OR navigate to the top right of this page, click on Members > My Events > Annual GPCC Symposium > 2018 Symposium.
Please note: If Harvard is closed due to severe weather on this date, the event will be canceled.
The 2018 Symposium agenda is currently being worked on and will be updated in the next few months.
2017 GPCC Symposium Slides
- Betsy Mayotte -Federal Update 2017
- Tom Murphy – Financial Literacy Presentation
- Rick DiScipio – Office Exercises
- Moshe Cohen – Negotiation Presentation
The mission of the Graduate and Professional Concerns Committee (GPCC) is two-fold:
- Provide support to the graduate and professional financial aid community to assist them in serving students; and
- Build and strengthen the network of graduate and professional financial aid administrators in Massachusetts.
Professional Organizations: A list of graduate and professional organizations
Archived Graduate Presentations
2016 GPCC Symposium Presentation Slides:
- Refinance Consolidation Chart
- Citizens Bank Presentation
- Driver Education for Repayment
- EDVestinU by Richard Neilsen
- Grand Theft Identity
- Keynote Address Running on Empty
- MEFA Presentation
- Statistics A Good Barometer
- Symposium Follow Up with Tim Consedine
- Make the GPCC a vital part of the professional life of members that serve graduate and professional students.
- Update the GPCC section of the MASFAA website to provide valuable resources and reference tools for graduate and professional aid administrators
- Write articles for the MASFAA newsletter concerning graduate and professional aid issues
- Compile an all-encompassing list of financial literacy resources targeting graduate and professional students.
- Provide professional development and training opportunities that meet the needs of our graduate and professional aid officers.
- Develop and deliver a one-day information session/symposium related to graduate and professional concerns
- Organize and present at least two sessions related to graduate and professional concerns at the MASFAA annual conference
- Explore spring training or networking opportunities
- Promote networking opportunities for graduate and professional aid administrators
- Research the possibility of creating a MASFAA listserv for members serving graduate and professional students
- Encourage networking during the MASFAA annual conference and the GPCC symposium
Annual Committee Reports
Boston University | School of Social WorkCo-Chair
Boston University | School of Law
Harvard Graduate School of Education
New England Law | Boston
Boston University | Medical Campus
Boston University | Sargent College