The mission of the Massachusetts Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (MASFAA) is to empower, educate and engage all financial aid professionals.
MASFAA is a volunteer organization. Members are encouraged to participate in the association to ensure MASFAA remains a strong association and a leader in shaping financial aid policy in the state and the nation.
MASFAA Membership Benefits
- Training and workshop opportunities for both new and experienced aid officers
- Bi-monthly newsletter reporting on issues and items of concern
- Opportunity to actively participate in MASFAA committees
- Electronic communication via MASFAA web site and the MASFAA Listserv
- Establish a network of financial aid professionals
- Strong voice to policy makers and legislators at the state and national level
- Graduate Symposium
Terms of Membership
- The membership term runs from July 1 to June 30
- MASFAA annual dues are $50
- Individuals join MASFAA, not their school, company, or agency. If a member changes employment, his or her MASFAA membership transfers with the individual upon updating his/her membership profile
- A person who accepts a position previously held by a MASFAA member does not automatically become a MASFAA member
Categories of MASFAA Membership
- Active Membership
- Reserved for professionals at institutions of post-secondary education in Massachusetts who are engaged in the active administration of student financial aid and support staff who are actively involved in financial aid at institutions of post-secondary education in Massachusetts.
- Active membership shall provide full association benefits, including the right to vote on any matter brought before the Association.
- Associate Membership
- Reserved for any person with an interest in student financial aid; including lenders, guaranty agency staff, loan servicers, secondary markets, financial aid administrators from other states, consultants, high school counselors, and other interested individuals who are not actively involved in the administration of student financial aid in Massachusetts.
- Associate membership shall provide full association benefits, excluding voting rights.
- Retiree Membership
- Retiree membership is bestowed on those active members of the association who have qualified for active membership for at least ten years before retiring.