MeasureOne Private Student Loan Report – June 2015
The entire private student loan market is estimated to be 7.2 percent of the $1.27 trillion student loan market. The following is the latest MeasureOne Private Student Loan Performance Report – June 2015, which analyzed loan data from the nation’s six largest active private student lenders and holders of student loan debt through the end of Q1 2015. The six participants represent approximately 71 percent of the entire private student loan market.
Among the report’s highlights:
- Early-stage delinquencies (30 to 89 days past due) declined to 2.61 percent from 2.99 percent, a 12.7 percent year over year change.
- Serious delinquencies (90+ days past due) declined to 2.20 percent from 2.54 percent, a 13.4 percent year over year change.
- Annualized charge-off rates declined to 2.71 percent from 3.17 percent, a 14.5 percent year over year change.
- Forbearance continues to be used judiciously with approximately 2.22 percent of loans in forbearance as of Q1 2015.
- At the end of Q1 2015, approximately 76 percent of outstanding private student loans were in repayment status.
If you would like to set-up a time to discuss the report and learn how MeasureOne can help you better assess private student loan performance, please contact Brian Gunn at 415.860.6609, or by email at email@example.com.